Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, July 10, 2008

Welcome to our Blog!

So I thought I would start this in hopes of keeping everyone updated on us and the kids- we'll see how well that works! So today is Colin's first Birthday! Yeah! Happy Birthday Colin! To think at this exact moment one year ago, we were sitting at children's hospital, just waiting for my doctor to show up. It's sad to think that all of our children have grown up already. they change so mcuh everyday. Caden will be 3 next month, and keeps us on our toes, so to speak. As many of you know Caden right on the fine line of the autism specturm. He is mostly non verbal, but progressing quite a bit, and does know basic sign language. He currently recieves Speech therapy, Occupational therapy and Special education Insturction 6 times per week. Caden is a VERY busy little boy. He communicates his emotions very well though his sounds and hand gestures alone. Courtney is 11 now and growing up so very fast. She is almost as tall as I am now, with these crazy never ending legs! Her and I have recently joined a Growing up fit program together at our local Y, so we get some nice excerise time together with out the boys following suit. Speaking of which, Caden and Colin adore their big sister. It's fun to watch now, becuase all 3 of them can interact with one another. When I leave for work in the morning and the sitter is there, Caden runs right for Courtney! She truly is a big help to us.

2 comments:

PjofBflo said...

Kymmie
This is awesome - what a cool way to keep everyone up to day and in touch. Don't know how you find these things on the net - but thank you, I think I'll start one for our family! It's so great to hear ALL of your babies are doin well, and yes, unfortunately Court - you will always be one of mom's babies no matter how big you grow up - hehe - that height comment must mean she's taller than me now !

love ya girl
Pam

Unknown said...

Kym,
Keep up the good work. I love this site. I love seeing pics of the kids. They are all so beautiful and precious but of course I am partial. I do have beautiful grandchildren.
Love,
GG

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"