Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Long Lost Labor Day Camping Post!

Better late then never right?? I knew I had a draft saved in here somewhere. It's not even the whole post trip though. I apparently still have more to do! But in the meantime, and in case I never get the chance to finish it up, here is what I do have. Brief re-cap- For labor day weekend, we were able to go to our Y's local camp Weona for a 3 day weekend, all lodging and food included. We had a lot of fun. Our friends, Gina & David and their kids came along as well, and had the cabin next to us. We stayed up late, sat by the fire, chatted, ate, went horse back riding, did some archery, Caden went zip lining, all the kids went horse back riding, did arts and crafts, went canoeing & fishing among lots of other things! Despite 2 days of rain, and freezing cold temps, we managed to mangle though it all alive. We look forward to hopefully going for Memorial Day weekend as well this year!


Caden & Colin picking beds.
Hanging out in the cabin
Courtney chose the top bunk ~ posing on it as well.
I am a loser, and took 2 mattresses off the bunks, put them on the floor together and make a full size bed for Mike and I. I for one am very claustrophobic and secondly, there was NOT enough room for me on one those tiny things. Nor was my large body going to try to CLIMB up to the top bunk. The floor it was. :-)
The pool that we didn't even come close to using since it was FREEZING the whole weekend.
Arts & Crafts time!
The boys painting.
That's our cabin WAY up there at the top of the hill!
And that's our bathrooms WAY down there at the bottom of the hill! LOL Not so fun at 2am.
Fishing in the lake. The boys loved this!!
Putting the worm on the hook for Caden.
I was so impressed that Colin actually enjoyed something so calm and relaxing. He just sat there and waited. It was getting SUPER cold at this point too. You can tell by the water how windy it was out.
David & Caden hanging out.
One of the other kids caught one!
Daddy & the boys fishing!  ~ I like this picture of them.
Caden & David
So as we were JUST having fun fishing, in comes the HUGE rainstorm!! But look at what it left behind, this super pretty double rainbow. I have to say, we've seen MORE double rainbows this summer/fall then ever before. Even on Vacation in Colorado, Mike and I saw a few.
Bedtime~ The boys were cold and wore out and it wasn't hard to get them to bed at all. It was FREEZING in the cabin though. the next morning (Gina and David) drove out to Walmart and got space heaters for our Cabins. It was MUCH better that 2nd night!

Courtney & Liz playing games. Liz actually ended up moving in with us, and stayed in our Cabin the whole weekend. It worked for the girls, so it was fine.
Day 2 ~ It was SUPPOSED to be nap time. This is what did instead. Lets climb shelves!


Liz however did take a nap ~ But when it was time to wake her up for dinner, leave it to Mike to do it with shaving cream!
Gina & David, waiting to go horse back riding.
Mike and I waiting our turn.
Pretty horse!
Gina & I
Mike and I all geared up ready to go!
Ride Mike!!
I LOVE horse back riding......
David Riding
Riding the circle.
I guess this is all I managed to upload so far. there is still so much more. Caden zip lining was the best part!

1 comment:

Running Diva Mom said...

WOW -- look at all those fun, amazing photos! Looks like fun!!

Got your note about the Bondi Bands. Let me know how you like them. Maybe you'll get addicted, too?! :-)

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"