Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Monday, October 26, 2009

Parrot Child

The best and worst part of having Colin talk like the average child is the repeating. He repeats everything he hears! I LOVE hearing this - however you forget after having a mostly non verbal child, that it's supposed to be this way! I just recently posted how Caden is now saying "I LOVE YOU MOM" ~ Col now repeats it every time Caden does! So not only do I have one little boy telling me they love me, I've got two! Thank you Caden for teaching Colin the most wonderful words ever. The down side - I mentioned Colin repeats EVERYTHING right? Yea, He called Courtney a jerk yesterday :-) And he's said some other things we wont' mention as well.... yep, always a downside right?? It just blows my mind all the things that he can say. It amazes me! Caden is begining to talk more and more as well and has quite the little vocabulary ~ It's so wonderful! (and for those who say I'll get tired of it eventually, I am sure I will, but after 4 years of wanting Caden to be able to talk, each new word or word/sign combintation is the most amazing thing ever to us! I'll never tire of that!)

1 comment:

Peg said...

Eric's doing that now. Yeah Caden and Colin! Too bad it can't come that easy for my little guys.

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"