Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow storm

So Friday we got a decent storm and got about a foot of snow in about 4 hours or so. Saturday was calm, then came yesterday. Holy Cow. It was snowing at 3 am Sunday morning when I was up nursing Colin. It was still snowing at 8 when we got up. And still snowing at 9pm when we went to bed. STILL snowing at 2:30 am Monday morning when Mike left for work. It finally stopped I believe about 4am today (Monday) It wouldn't have been so bad, but it wasn't just snowing, we had 40+ mile an hour winds on top of that, creating blizzard like conditions. Alot of the time, you couldn't even see the house across the street. There are travel bans and advisories all over the place, and schools were actually closed LAST night for today! We have some pretty serious snow drifts happening in the back yard, only I don't have the strength to get out there and take pictures :-) My legs are still numb from trying to snow blow the driveway this morning so I could get to work- only to have work call about 15 minutes after I got in the house telling us to stay home. That worked out well for me, since there is STILL tons of snow at the end of the driveway that I didn't even get to. All in all, I am pretty sure there has GOT to be at least 3 or 4 feet out there. Yesterday, one of the times that Mike was out snow blowing, he stood on the front lawn and could TOUCH the roof of the house, that is how much snow is out there. All in 2 days!Granted we only have a ranch, but still. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures later on.. if not you'll just have to imagine it!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"