Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Friday, April 3, 2009

More Autism Awareness

Autism Awareness 2009

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I can't listen to it enough. I can't begin to tell you the impact it has on me each and every time I watch and listen to each and every one of those words. Welcome to our lives. I am having such an emotional Autism related day today, so I keep playing this over and over again. It reminds me that we are NOT alone and that there are so many others so much worse off then us.

We got a call today from the Autism Clinic at Strong (where we have an eval in May, been waiting 9+ months for it) and they had a cancellation for this coming Tuesday. Man did I want to scream out loud, because unfortunately we are going out of town this coming Tuesday and Wednesday. If we were to cancel our trip, we'd be out a decent chunk of money, so that was pretty disappointing. But on the bright side, his appointment is just 7 weeks away, We've made it this far, we can keep going.

I can't stress enough, especially during this month, how much we would love for everyone that either knows us or comes in daily contact with us, to please please educate yourself on Autism related disorders. If you do so, and you spread the word to just one other person, and they do the same, do have any idea what an amazing impact that could have?? It means the world to us to know that our Friends and family do all they can to educate and understand Caden.

1 comment:

Betzy said...

That was a very informative and beautiful video. You truly are the special ones to have the strength and faith to deal with your trials day-in-day-out. No one wants to have to deal with this but you really are an inspiration to me especially as a mother! You are always in our prayers!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"