Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Saturday, June 13, 2009

Missing Les Bug

Today Marks the 1 year anniversary since Grandpa Les Bug passed away from Cancer last June. Just one day shy of his wedding day to my mom. Dam Cancer. Evil Cancer. Words can't describe how horrible it was. For only 6 short months did Les fight with all he had to beat the news he received the January prior. Unfortunately the cancer was too fast and spidered everywhere, in the end, thanks to Niagara Hospice, he passed peacefully, with those of us who Loved him most right by his side holding his hands, rubbing his cheeks and telling him it would be OK. I will never as long as I live forget those hours and last moments. I've never experienced anything like that before and it will be forever embedded in me. The passing of one of the most special people to come into all of our lives. The man who taught my mom so much about life and unconditional love. Again. Dam Cancer! About a month or so ago while cleaning out a cabinet I found the letter that Mike wrote to Les and was read at his funeral. I've held on tight to that since that day, knowing that today, I would post it, so we would forever have it with us. This is from Mike, here it is:

Everyone who knew Les, knew that he was a wonderful Man. If something was broke or a new project was to be built, he would show up with his tool belt and tools to fix your problems or to build something for you. He did this out of the kindness of his heart. Never wanting pay, just a large Pizza and bucket of wings. Then it is right back to to work.

Most of all he loved his family very much. Especially his daughter Krista, son Brian, Granddaughter Deshea and his 8 year companion, my mother in Law Sue, whom he was going to marry this past Saturday.

Though my wife and my kids were not technically his family, in our hearts he was. He was like a father to my to my wife and I and a grandfather to my kids. He would always take the time to help us with anything or just be there for some advice.

He was a strong man, even though the cancer got to him physically, he always stayed positive and had a great attitude and kept fighting until the final moments of his life.

He has great family members who stayed by his bedside to the end, around the clock. He died knowing his whole family was there with him, giving him love and praying for him.

We can take comfort in knowing that he has no more pain and is back to doing what he loves best, and that is carpentry. I'am sure he probably has a hammer and nail in his hand right now.

Les we love you and you will truly be missed. You will always be in our hearts.

So that is that. Brings tears to my eyes all over again. I remember just like yesterday being in the funeral home and saying our last goodbyes. Last year right after his passing, we taught Caden that Grandpa Les Bug was in heaven, and to point up to him when we ask him where he is. Today he said "Love you" and blew kisses up to heaven.

Les, I hope you know how much you were loved, and are thought about everyday for the rest of our lives. Until we meet again.......

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"