Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Saturday, June 19, 2010

Caden's New School ~ 6 Weeks for summer

As I posted before, Caden will be transiting to his new school starting July 12th. The parents and kids were given the opportunity for a field trip to visit the new building. I of COURSE brought along the camera and let Caden take any pictures that he wanted , to help the adjustment. I will print these out as well as post them on there, and try my best to make him a Social Story to prep him the best we can. Here are some shots that Caden took, that he thought would be important. He did pretty good too!

These are the cubbys outside of the classes in the hallway. Currently they have pictures identifying, so this time they will have their actual name.

I am a bit bummed this picture turned out so blurry, he takes em too fast! LOL The lady right in front there, with the blue jeans and white/red top is his new teacher Ms. Jeanine.

These are the paints under the easel.

The fish tank. EVERYTHING in the class is labeled. He didn't get a picture of the kitchen/house area, but I wish he would have. It was complete with a washer/dryer, sink, fridge, stove, pantry, windows, you name it!

This is Wally, he is from Dinosaur school and has helped to teach the kids about their feelings and many other things over the past couple of years. I thought it was great that Wally was sitting in the reading area. I am sure it will be nice to have a piece of the old school at the new one.

This is one of the cushioned chairs in the reading area.

The computer area.

This is one of 3 gyms. This one is 1/2 gym which you see here and 1/2 cafeteria. Our kids will eat in the class though. the building is actually a CAO head start program and gateway has 3 classrooms there, so those kids will eat in this room. The kitchen also has a door off of this space. Caden loved that we have the same huge STEP 2 play thing that is in this picture as well. Theirs is in much better shape!

This is a fake strawberry that was on the desk, I actually thought it was real until he took the picture then moved it out of the way.

I am glad we did the picture thing. I'll have to get these printed out soon for him. I am still not so comfortable with the whole thing, but there aren't alot of other options either. So it is what it is. I am bummed that there is no real OT room, since that is ALOT of what Caden requires, outside of speech. I know Maria will be there keeping a good eye on him as well. He may surprise me and LOVE it. And will be great, and then what happens? Yep, we pull him out in August and start all over again in 6:1:1 in Alden! The joys!!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"