Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Loving Therapy Toys

Colin met with his new Counselor last week, During the visit, and after learning of his diagnosis, Darsh (the counselor) pulled out this toy from his desk, and told Mike, see if he'll play with this, it's designed for Children with Autism/sensory problems. Colin LOVED it. Mike took a picture of it for him with his cell phone, so we could order one for home. The next morning I started some online searching with the help of my friend Heather. We found a couple different ones, but they weren't exact. I KNEW Colin would need exact color, size, texture in order to even want to play with it. And those ones were around $20!! Finally I did a search that brought up the EXACT product, for $4.99! By the time we add in shipping and taxes, it come to around $8, but I couldn't have been happier. It shipped super super quick and we had it just 3 days. It just happened to be on Saturday, while Colin was having a rough weekend. We had some running around to do with the new car and to the store for some much need storage solutions. Colin of course, was NOT happy to leave the comforts of home, so it worked well that I checked the mail, before we headed out. The kids were already in the car. I opened the box and put it in my pocket.
Went into the car, and told him I have something for him. This is the IMMEDIATE response he gave when he saw it. You can see we were still in the garage too. He was SO happy about it.
He's played with it quite a bit since as well. We have too actually. I am ever so thankful that people think of these great toys to use as therapeutic tools for our kiddos!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"