Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Fools Day 2013

About 4 years ago, we were really good friends with a couple who we hung out with often. Mike and the husband had the same crazy personaility and were ALWAYS playing jokes on each other. That April Fools Day, was super nice outside, probably in the 60's, and I remember going out for lunch, and stopping at home to grab shaving cream and toilet paper on my way back to the office. I said to my boss who was with me, I am going to, for the first time ever, get Mike and he'll have NO idea it's me. We did too. We had a ton of fun, got him good. I am sure there is a post on it in here somewhere. The best part was, he really had no idea it was me. He DID think it was Dave. It was perfect timing. 

We'll since then, I've made it my goal, to continue the tradition every April 1st. The only year I missed was last year and that was only because it fell on a Sunday, and there wasn't much I could do with him when he was WITH me!

So this year... I didn't have a Key for the new car, nor was he giving one up prior to April 1st. he even said a couple times that he was going to hide his car. Since i Couldn't get inside to do what I had planned, I had to settle for the outside. Brown craft paper, lots of packing tape and some silly string, do wonders :) It took me forever to do this though. It was FREEZING outside and super windy. I was all alone, and the wind was whipping like crazy, it even snowed a couple times on me. I had to hold the paper to keep it from blowing away. Hold the tape and scissors in my pocket and keep the wind from getting under the paper to rip it off! Whew. I even had to run to the store once because I ran out of tape! 

And here is the end result:

Mike got a wrapped car. I ran out of paper so I couldn't do the whole thing, but the parts he would see pulling in where done. Then I made the Got Ya sign for the hood. 
 I also sprayed the whole car with silly string, oh, and i taped a tube of peanut butter cups to be nice :)
Courtney, Caden and I drove to penske when he was on the way home to see his reaction. When we got there, he was already in the fuel line! SO we hid behind a truck, but he saw us peaking around :( before he saw us though, he sent me a text that read:

LMAO, You got me again! 

He, he, I love it. It never gets old. 

Caden had fun tearing the paper off so they could move it out of the way so he could pull the truck inside the spot. 

He's always saying he'll get me someday, but I don't know... 4 years and counting. 

And here is our April Fools Day trick from Mother Nature.... MORE freaking snow and cold temps. *sigh* Spring, hurry up!


No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"