Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, June 27, 2013

Various phone pictures

Last weekend Colin wanted to paint a rock, horribly bad. I remembered that we had finger paint from long ago, so I got it out, put an apron on him, and let him go to town. He was nervous to actually touch the paint with his fingers, so they both ended up using a brush alot of the time, but it was fun anyway. They both ended up painting rocks with the colors and afterwards, I showed them how to play and mix the colors with their fingers on the plates. Lots of good sensory activities. 



 There's a pretty good story behind the next two pictures. we were running late one morning and I asked the boys to PLEASE get dressed on their own. Colin, loves to be independent so he was fine getting himself dressed. After I picked them up from summer camp, we got home and Col kept yelling, MOM, you really should have put a belt on me this morning, my shorts fell off all day long! I looked at him  oddly, he's a very well built child and has NEVER needed a belt ever. I don't even have to pull the elastic on the inside to make them tighter on him. So for him to tell me this, It was odd. 

About an hour later, he went to the bathroom, laughing his butt off. He said Mom, shaking his head, THAT'S the reason why my pants are falling down, and lifted up his shirt. LOL I was cracking up. The poor kid had his shorts on backwards ALL DAY LONG. all through camp etc. I said didn't you go potty at camp and notice they were backwards? He said No. The poor kid has so much anxiety, he holds his potty ALL darn day, instead of saying I have to go.  :-(
So needless to say, he cracks me up. And yes, he only has one sock on as well. If it gets wet or falls off, he doesn't need to remove both, he just takes off one and stays like that for the remainder of the day. :-) Such a silly one that Colin is. 


This is an old picture from when Colin was in the hospital in March doing his sleep study follow up from his seizure. He is just so darn handsome. He's going to break some serious hearts as he gets older. 

These aren't the greatest pictures ever, but they are the cub scouts gutter regatta from May. They let Colin race as well, even though he wont' be a scout until September when he's in First grade. We have the best pack ever. 

And here's Caden racing his boat. The object is to not touch your boat or the gutter, you have to only blow your boat down the water. who ever gets to the end first, wins. 

1 comment:

Just me. said...

hahahaha. C does the same thing. one day he walked around almost all day with only one shoe on because he was too lazy to either put the other one on, or take the other one off. Whatever kid.

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"