Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, September 3, 2009

Caden's first day in integrated!

Today is Caden's first day in his integrated Class #6! I am curious to see how he is going to react to the number of students, size of the room, and brightness of the class, being that the light isn't diffused in this classroom. I can't wait to hear if he interacts, or tries to with other children. If the light puts his senses in overdrive and many more things! Time will tell. He has come a long way, and this path just leads to bigger and better things, with the goal being Kindergarten in our district school next fall! Today started off kinda hairy, since Courtney and I had to load the boys in the car and drive over to Stacy's house to wait for the bus. got there at 8:20- bus is scheduled for 8:30, and finally at 8:50 I gave in and made a call to the terminal to find out where his bus. (it helps to know people!) Apparently the router for First Student put the wrong address, they had him scheduled for home, not the sitters (how good are WE???!! *sigh*) And they of course can't "fix" it until tomorrow, when I won't be off. So I had to drive him into school, which by the way he loved! And I'll have to go back at 2 today to pick him up as well. Nice huh? It was nice though to see his reaction. He totally was shy and hid in my shirt. Even when he saw Ms. Liz in class #1. then we walked up the 5 stairs to the "big boy" classroom to meet the rest of his "new" friends! 3 kids were already there. He didn't want me to put him down. Eventually I convinced him to sit and play with the play dough and he OK Mom ~ you pick me up later? I said I sure will! He was fine with that! I am almost glad the bus didn't come for him, so I got this one opportunity to see his reaction to his new room and acquit him with Ms. Patty - his new teacher. I can't wait to pick him up and see how little man did!


Ready to get in the Car and go!


Posing with his new Diego Bag!

Off to Ms. Stacy's!

Ok, so much for that, the bus didn't show, now off to school with Mommy, Sissy & Col

All settled in playing with dough.


Happy First Day of BIG Classes Caden!!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"