Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meeting Jess

5 years ago, TO THE DATE that I was in Colorado, I suffered from severe PPD. It was horrible. I now know that time in my life prepped me for the future, but during that time you can only wonder why? Why am I sad? why can't I leave the house? open the window? Answer the phone? Why can't I stop crying? What is wrong with me? Thank GOD to Mike mostly, for recgonizing that I was sick and getting me help, and even more so an amazing support group that I found online. Jess, who is one  the administors on the website has been not only a friend, but a source of support and enouragments in many aspects of both my and mike's lives. She is one of the few people who at the time could COMPLETLY understand what I was feeling and going though. It's funny how full circle we all come, and then get to meet 5 years later! As soon as I found out we would be in Colorado, I got in touch with her and had to make a point to get out to visit her! I've been lucky enough to meet heather, now Jess!
We were about 2 hours from her house, so got to see the amazing scenery along the way. She lives in Pueblo, and we got to go past the Awesome Colorado Springs and the air force academy as well. it's pretty awesome out this way!
Here is Jess & I with her daughter Nicole. Nicole was SO sweet and fun to be around. It was great to hug Jess after so many years. She got to know me at the darkest time in my life, so to be able to see her now, another child later, 30 lbs lighter etc is so wonderful! (BTW jess lost an INSANE amount of weight, doesn't she look awesome???)

Jess & Nicole. I wish we would have got more pictures, but at least we got some! We couldn't stay too long, because we still have to make the 1.5 hour drive out to Pike's peak for our 4pm train ride.
There are SONIC's in Colorado!!! We BOTH thought this was the neatest thing EVER!! Of course we had to stop and get something. Here Mike is ordereing. You order and pay all while you sit right there. They bring the food right to you and just eat right there!!! (yea, we are pathetic, i know)
The menu!!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"