Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Monday, December 20, 2010

Turkey Trot 2010

Since we went away for Thanksgiving this year, I wasn't able to run the 8K Buffalo YMCA Turkey Trot. I was pretty bummed since I had already paid and registered for it as well. I told Mike the only way I would go to Olean for the holiday, is if we found a race for me to run that morning. So... he did! Good Job honey. It was free, exepct for a canned good to the local food pantry, so I didn't feel so bad about paying and missing the Buffalo one. this one was only a 5K (3.1 miles) rather then 8K (5 miles) which probably ended up for the best, since 1- I hadn't ran in almost 3 weeks. 2- It was a different area that I wasn't familiar with and 3- I ended up sick and figthing a pretty yucky cold the whole weekend. So it all worked out in the end. I still finished in an OK amout of time, I am pretty consistent with all of my time. This one was 39:43 I believe. that was what Mike timed me. Exact time really isn't known, since they don't have a clock there, and it's not chip timed. Oh yea. It was snowing when we woke up, pouring rain by the I started running and only about 34 outside. Brrrr......

Here is my super cute turkey ribbon I got for the holiday! If anyone has any little girls and is looking for some super cute hair bows, let me know and I can send you Belly's Bow's info. Too cute! She even has Christmas Trees for Christmas! 

The race course was all along St. Bonaventure University In Allegany, NY

There I am running past Student housing.

Coming up to the finish line. My pants, which I have never ran in before really ended up weighing me down. The wet from the rain made them way heavy, and they were too long wet, and I kept stepping on them. lesson - never wear new pants in a race when it's raining.
Before the race. I was pretty bundled up. It was COLD!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"