Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A wee Bit Crafty I've become

I have no idea what's come over me. All of a sudden I just want to make things!! I started with the Rag Garland. Then moved onto the peppermint garland for the Christmas Tree. Now I am onto Rag Wreaths and got creative with the teacher gifts! :-) NOW, out of nowhere I  *want* a sewing machine??? Where in the world did Kym go?? Seriously though, In all honestly, I am really enjoying Making the Rag garlands/wreaths. I've even sold one. I enjoy it so much that I've considered making enough to have stock and start to sell them. At local school craft shows maybe? Maybe join an online Conga on Hyenacart? Ebay?? Not sure, but I do know I really enjoy it and would really like to continue. Custom orders available as well!!

My First Rag Wreath
( I got this fabric DIRT cheap, it cost me maybe $3.00 at the most to make this!)

Getting Creative with Teacher Gifts ~ Those pictures are gift tags. The kids were able to fill out the To/From on the back.

Here is the fabric I began with. 8 yards of it mind you.

The gardland starting to take shape.
15 Feet later! (let's not talk about time)

Up Close View

And there it is, in the archway , the view from the dining room. I'd like to get fabric really cheap after Christmas, and take to make a 30 or 40 foot one for the Tree next year as well! After the holidays, I do intened to make one to match the colors of our decor and a matching wreath as well, to keep up all year long.

Here are my starting pepermints. I saw this in a magazine and loved it.

All turned into garland.

See if on there?? In hindsight, it was a good idea. HOWEVER. We have 5 cats. 2 of which enjoy CLIMBING the tree. So the bottom 2 or 3 layers are now gone. But that's Ok. Mike and the kids enjoy the special treat when they find them on the floor! :-)

1 comment:

Crystal Barton said...

Definitely get a sewing machine and then start an Etsy shop!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"