Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally Some good news!

GREAT NEWS ACTUALLY!! Caden is going to get put into a center based program! Yahoooooo!! We've been wanting this for him for so long now and every time we've tried we've been denied each time. This time I got the district to work with me and they very open and understandings to our newest needs and concerns. Usually they don't schedule a CPSE meeting until they receive all the proper paperwork from the therapists, or those calling the amended meeting, but she told me she was having a meeting with the preschool committee next Wednesday, would that be OK with us? I said Of Course! then she asked what type of program we were looking to place him in so she could start looking for openings and get things sent though by the Nov. 5 Board Of Education meeting. She said if things go well, he could be center based as soon as November 6th. I am SO excited!

So I went to lunch & came back to a voice mail from the district asking me to call them. I called Janet back and she told me she has some great news for me. She found Caden an opening at Gateway in Bowmansville (Lancaster-down the road from us) and was going to have the school reps at the meeting as well next week. The board of Ed. is also going to wait for this paperwork for this months BOE meeting so he can begin class as early as October 22nd! I am EVEN more thrilled! This is going to be so great for Caden and hopefully help his home life even more.

So as of right now, Our meeting with the district is this coming Wednesday October 15th at 9:30am, Please keep those fingers crossed that it all works out!!!

1 comment:

Burnhams said...

WOW KYM!!! Thats even better than what you told me before! Im so excited!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"