Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Saturday, October 18, 2008

Visit to School

Yesterday Mike & I had to go to Caden's school to finish all of the intake paperwork, which was explanined to us before we even began signing that it was almost like buying a house, sign here and here and here, well you get the drift. Caden came along with us, so he was able to view his classroom and meet his teachers. His main teacher wasn't in that day, but the aide, Ms. Ginger was, and Caden took right too her. He played while we worked on paperwork and then we toured the school. Caden LOVED the gym the best (what kid doesn't) So Wednesday he offically starts. His teacher also got to see the "real" Caden having a tantrum and off in his "world" which is a good thing I guess, no honeymoon for him! :-) They have fabric draped over the lights to avoid the over stimulation from the brightness, which I thought was really great! We got all of his busing information as well, and he'll be picked up at 8:25 am and he'll be the 4 child on that bus. there is bus aide- thank goodness. I am not so much worried about him transitioning into the school part of this, but the busing really has me worked up. He is only 3!! How is he going to be when we have to leave him at the end of the driveway and get into a car seat on the school BUS??? I guess maybe it will be harder for me and mike then him huh? It always is right. Most parents don't have to worry about school and busing for 2 more years...... But this is what's best, I'll snap out of it.

Yesterday was also exactly one year since my back surgery... wow time sure does fly, the things that have happened in the past year... WOW, we won't get into everything, but reminiscing none the less! Too bad my leg is Still numb... but we always knew that there may have been too much damage done that feeling would never come back, I still have one year of hope left though!

Off to shower, the boys & I are taking our DAILY walk to Target, imagine that. :-)

1 comment:

Burnhams said...

If you are nervous Caden will feel that and be nervous too.

I cant believe its been a whole year since your back surgery! WOW time Really does fly!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"