Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mike has Fifths Disease

He's been sick with a fever on and off since Monday night. It never even occurred to me to look for a rash on him. When I got home yesterday he was feeling really blah, so we switched him from Tylenol to Motrin, which helped since he was just becoming immune to the Tylenol. Then when I went to bed last night he was laying on his stomach and I noticed the lacy like rash on his back really bad. As soon as I saw that I knew, so I went on to investigate some more and found more rash. Bingo. Fifths disease has been going around everywhere, schools, daycare and alot of people I work with have children with it right now. All of ours have had it except Colin, so they most likly carried it home to Mike, who I am sure never had it. Weird how he never got it when Caden had it while I was pregnant, but his immune system must have already have been down since he was fighting something with that fever anyway. Well at least we know what it is - Rx'd by Dr. Kym anyway :-) You can't do anything for viral anyway- just rest and treat the fever to make him more comfortable. the plus side to this is now that the rash has arrived, the fever should subside. We'll see. If not, then I am wrong all together and were back to Mike just having a never ending fever.

1 comment:

Burnhams said...

Feel better soon Mike!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"