Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Friday, January 16, 2009

18 Months old

I can't believe that Colin is already 1.5 years old! This is the time where you stop counting months, and start saying years.. How sad. He had his check up today at the doctors, he grew 2 inches and gained 2 lbs. So he is now 34.5 inches (only 6 shorter then Caden) and 27.5 lbs (only 10 less then Caden!) I can't believe how close he is to Caden's measurements, He is just huge. They did a basic Autism test on him (something they didn't do back when Caden was this age) and he does everything that he should be doing and seems to be on track. It's funny because all the questions they asked of Colin for the test, are STILL things that Caden doesn't or can't do. Or refuses to do, or is over stimulated by. What a difference. You sure can see the difference between a "normal" child, although almost 2 years younger and Caden when put in that position. The only concern that really isn't a concern yet, would be his speech. He should have 4-10 words, and he does have about 4-5 words that he uses, but no where near 10, so we'll just watch to make sure that in 3 months he is at or above the 10 line, otherwise we'll get him evaluated by EI as well. This is how we noticed Caden originally as well. At 12 months, he had a good number of words about 10 or so, by 15 months, he lost ALL of them and regressed in all other areas as well. By 18 months, Caden has already been evaluated by EI, and began therapy. Colin has done no such thing, nor shown an problems, so I am not concerned in the least. That is a relief. I am most not concerned about the talking, because he has an older brother who doesn't/can't speak, and then Courtney is so much older, she just does it for him, so he's just being lazy..

Breastfeeding... needs to end. I've been ready for months. Colin has had other plans. He gets up 3 times per night still... and nurses as soon as I get home from work. The doc. told Mike today, that if I don't do it now, the harder it's going to be to do later... So I am going to bite the bullet and TRY my hardest to go for it tonight. I nursed him at 7 tonight, like always, and put him in bed awake, like always. This has never been a problem. He knows how to put himself to sleep. So at midnight when he wakes to nurse (more to pacify and get back to sleep) I am going to lay in bed and cry and listen to him cry for hours and hours and hours. I don't know any other way to go about it. Mike has to work, so he can't get up and help, so it's me, alone with the kids, and a screaming miserable toddler.... tomorrow I will be zombie like. Here's hoping it will be easier then my mind is tricking me into believing.. I need prayer guys! I'll post in the morning about how night 1 goes.... please think of me and get a few extra ZZZZ's.. I'll need them!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"