Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Sunday, January 25, 2009

48 Hours

In about 30 minutes it will be exactly 48 hours since Colin has nursed last. I am crossing my fingers that we may actually be DONE breastfeeding! That will mean that I have managed to successfully breastfeed Colin for 1 year 6 months 1 week and 6 days. WOW!! Who would have thought that we ever would have made it that far? We've overcome alot during that time. My mild PPD, which we knew would happen, but was dealt with to avoid serious complication such as with Caden's birth. We've overcome back surgery and nursed through that and the recovery. Colin's had surgery. I've had mastitis not once, but twice and STILL managed to continue this long. Not to mention minor things here and there that we've had continued success through. I am proud.

Colin nursed as usual after work on Friday afternoon. He went to bed again without that 7pm session and woke up Saturday (after sleep all night!!) and we didn't nurse. I hid the "nursing Pillow" when he wasn't looking yesterday afternoon as well. Behind the couch, so it was out of sight, but not GONE in case being that, that is his comfort and all. So thank goodness yesterday evening we happened to leave and go to the mall and my dad's house, so weren't here for the 5pm session and didn't leave dad's house until 9pm, so we weren't here for the dreaded 7pm one either. He went to bed as usual, slept all night and I avoided at all costs the "chair" today as of yet. I am minorly uncomfortable, but it's short term, I know, after all, been here and done that after Caden as well. We are coming upon that 5pm session here shortly, but I am hoping to be eating dinner by them, to keep his mind off of thing, then we'll come back to the family room and hang out rather then the living room.

The one true test will be when I get home from work tomorrow at 5pm. I KNOW he'll want to nurse then, since he associates me coming home with a nursing session to settle him. I won't however even be able to nurse him at that point since I will be dry by then. So I'am going to get a plan in place and do my best to make him (and I) as comfortable as possible during that transition tomorrow. Lots of hugging and cuddling on the COUCH.

So this may just be the time that almost 19 months later that my body actually belongs to ME! IN realty you can say 28 months since I was pregnant for 9 months, the "body" in question was Colin's then as well! (Good God that was over 2 years ago!)

1 comment:

Burnhams said...

YAY! Good for you. It is a big deal to nurse that long. Especially today, and especially with you working and all the other crap that you went through with all the surgeries and stuf! You darn well better be proud!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"