Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Friday, January 23, 2009

Nights ~ Accomplished

So I think it is safe to say that I have successfully gotten Colin to sleep through the night, for the most part. Last night he slept from 8:30 to 5:15 which is pretty dam good. Had it been a weekend, when I wasn't up already, I would have just let him cry it out and go back to sleep. However being that I was up getting ready for work, I nursed him, and he went back to bed until the dog woke him up at 7:15 Dam dog! BUT He hasn't woken up during the night except for a mild mild whimper in 2 nights now. Last night I actually slept very good and soundly until Caden woke up me up crying at 5am. I have been waking up every night every 2-3 hours because that is how often I was used to getting up with Colin. Last night I was out by 11 and pushed Mike to get his alarm about 1:30 and don't remember anything else until 5, so that is huge for me!!

Now to attempt those day sessions. There is typically one early morning one during the work week, not so much so on the weekends and then the one at 5pm EVERYDAY no matter what. Then the 7pm one. I do think we are slowly weaning the 7pm one, the past 2 nights we have skipped them, and managed to be happy and play or cuddle until at least 8:15 or 8:30, so that's really exciting for me. I still need to work on those others, but one at a time for now. I'd like to work on that early AM one first, then lastly will be 5pm, the hardest one of all!!

1 comment:

Betzy said...

Welcome to the "sleeping most nights the entire night through" club! Doesn't it feel gooood to be able to sleep for most of the night like a normal person. I can't say we are truly sleep trained yet with Nissi because she does need to be rocked to sleep for naps and at night and won't sleep for anyone but me but it does feel good to sleep all night and be more pleasant to be around (ask Brandon what I mean by that :-)). Congratulations and good luck with the rest of the weaning!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"