Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updates

Caden had his monthly check up today with the dentist for x-rays. His front tooth is no longer playing hide and seek ~ It's now gone forever! :-( I am so sad. My baby boy is going to be front toothless for the next 4 years!! The dentist took X-Ray after X-ray because he couldn't find the tooth, it's just not there anymore, It must have fallen out and no one knew it happened. The second tooth is still loose. It has tightened up some, but from the new X-Ray's they have noticed more root/nerve damage, so it's now as tight as it's going to get. Caden will just have to always beware of what he is eating on or near that tooth. He goes in for a cleaning and another check up on Feb. 11th.

Caden finally was healthy enough after battling that pneumonia for over a week to return to school yesterday. Thank goodness! He was out for 3.5 weeks when you add in the winter break! It took ALOT of convincing to let him know it was OK to go back to school. Caden's school begins the parent group sessions at the end of this month. It's basically a 12 week support group for parents of children with disabilities in his school. We are really looking forward to it. It is every Wednesday night for 2 hours. They watch the kids while Mike and I are in class and feed us dinner as well. From what we've learned there are alot of incentives for you attending, not to mention meeting other parents who "get it". It's hard when your child is different and everyone is staring at you! I am really excited to begin this.

Kym went to the eye doctor today as well and got dilated of the first time ever! I need glasses for night driving and computer work. Apparently I also have astigmatism as well. Hopefully those will help with headaches I've been getting lately as well. We'll see.

I am STILL hooked on the Twilight saga. I have never wanted to become part of a story as much as I have this one! It took me 3 days to track down a store that had book 2 in stock, and when I found it, not by me, I sent my mom out to pick it up for me! I then rushed out and got 3 and 4 so I would have them. Good thing too, since I had 2 done in just 2 days and started 3 last night. I am addicted! Mike and I are going to see the Movie this Saturday night and I can't tell you how forward I am looking to it!

Colin news... the kid is crazy! I have NO idea if it's 3rd child syndrome or what, but he is nuts! He gets into everything, causes more problems, hits, teases, slaps ME and knocks over Caden, I just can't believe the trouble one 18 month can cause! He still won't sleep all night long, and no matter how times he wakes at night is ALWAYS up for the day by 6:15am. He laughs or gives you smirks when you punish him and doesn't EVER take you seriously. The worst part?? he knows how to IGNORE you! What 18 month old knows to turn his head and ignore you when your talking to him? I am at a loss for words. All I can say is thank goodness he was #3, otherwise he may have just been an only child!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"