Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Colin & OCD

This is actually from a couple of weeks ago (1/21 according to the computer) Poor Colin was determind that he had this baby bear that went missing. Becuase of his OCD, he KNEW it was somewhere in this house and he focused on nothing more all day long. For Real. 7.5 hours. This started right before noon and finally settled as we got him in bed at 7:30pm. My poor guy. So this is what his closet looks like, after he tore everything off of the shelves and attemped to climb the wall so he could look in the crawl space for the specific item he wanted. In this picture, he is actually IN the closest believe it or not. He's standing on the bottom shelf. You can almost get a glimce of his PJ's. They are red/green fleece plaid PJ's. My heart broke this day. It killed me that I, as his mom, wasn't able to help him, and put him at ease. the monday after this was a Med check appt with his psychiatrist. I originally wasn't going with, Just Mike, after this, I decided that I too, needed to be there.


No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"