Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Friday, July 17, 2009

Thinking about Dad


So this past Wednesday my dad was brought to the ER with chest pains and a tightness in his chest. Many of you know that 14 years ago, at the age of 42 my dad had to undergo a triple bypass, so this is nothing new to our family. By Wednesday evening, he was admitted and tonight (Friday) He is still there, and will stay until at Least Monday. On Wednesday they found that 1/2 of his heart was beating very very fast, the other 1/2 too slow. Very low blood pressure and a very very rapid heart rate (170+). Those are the perfect conditions for a stroke apparently. They were also worried blood clots, as the blood was pooling near his heart on the side that wasn't pumping so well. After a couple of Nitro pills not working, Dad decided to head to the ER. Later then night after an IV of Kumiden (sp??) (blood thinner) they were able to regulate and stabilize his heart rate. Over the past 2 days, they have done EKG's, Stress test, Sonogram of the heart as well as CAT scan too. Today, after looking at the old records from the cardiologist, they did find something not right in comparison to the old films. So Monday, he will be transferred to South Buffalo Mercy via ambulance to get an angiogram done. If all is well, after the recoup time of that (usually overnight) he can be released right from there. If not, then surgery may be required. Depending on exactly what needs to be done, they may be able to do it while they are in there already, unless it's more complicated then that. It depends on where/type of blockage is involved. My question to the doctor, who I always miss is this - What happens if the blockage is already in the bypassed part, can you stint a bypass?? I wish I knew the answer to this question. I'll have to google it. If not, then what happens? Can it still be corrected or do I think the worst? Unfortunately my boss is on vacation next week, so taking time off is going to be very tricky. I am hoping to be able to sneak out for a couple of hours, if only while he is in the procedure and hear the outcome from the doctor, then head back to the office. I won't even stay to see him, just to be there for it. My dad and I are very close and this is something I need to be there for. Especially if they end up having to do surgery right away. I need to be there for it. So I am going to work on that first thing Monday morning.

For now, Please keep My Dad in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"