Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, November 19, 2009

Angel amoung us


I was blessed today by THIS amazing lady. We've as you all know have previously gotten Caden both his weighted Blanket and wrap from Donna at Affordable Weighted Blankets. Well we've been having many many problems with Colin lately. Not only sleep problems, although that has been escalating, but some pretty serious behavior problems as well. After talking to the doctor about Colin, we've come to a Verbal diagnosis of ADHD - I say verbal, because he is actually Too young to be clinically diagnosed & treated (outside of behavior modification, which we do anyway) but we've been though all of these appts and various stages for months and he is only getting progressively worse, not better. It is way beyond terrible 2's and I need some answers. So anyway - I've thought about a weighted blanket for Colin, but never took it to the next level, because I knew we didn't have the money in our budget to get him one. Unfortunately like the rest of the country we are struggling to make ends meet, then add in the upcoming holiday and that just adds to the stress - so any extras are set to the back burner for quite a long time. After some discussion last night on facebook with a couple of friends, Donna posted on my page to email her. Which I did this morning - not knowing why. She offered to Donate to us, a weighted blanket for Colin. Of course I accepted - how could I not?? I have never been offered any greater gift, I've never taken any sort of donation or anything - Not because I was too proud, but I've never been in a such a spot where I've had too. I've always tried to be able to help others out when I can, especially during the holiday season. Donna has just given us (& Colin) the best Christmas gift I could possibly ask for. I can't wait to receive the blanket, that i know already comes from love, and unconditional generosity.
Thank you Donna & the rest of the staff at Affordable Weighted Blankets!!

1 comment:

Dreamyvinyl.com said...

wow! that is amazing! I didnt know she was your FB friend. That is so cool. She is such an awesome lady. We will definantly be buying from her when he needs a new blanket!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"