Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Monday, November 9, 2009

Extreme Makeover Home Edition Pictures!

I guess it helps to be the transportation provider for this project! I wasn't planning on taking a ride to the site today - so it figures I didn't have my camera on me, bummer, so all the pictures I have on here are taken only from my cell phone. The quality is not the best by any means. So I got about 3 feet from Ty - which was super cool! If there wasn't a group of crazy girls next to me asking him to strip it would have been much much better, but what can you do??!! I got a decent profile shot of him anyway. We did see all 3 designers and Ty - Michael was coming out of his trailer and waved to us, then Eduardo Xol was just waking up, standing outside his trailer smoking (oh...bad boy! ) and yawning - then of course you can see Paige in the pictures I have , she was getting ready to go back to her trailer after chatting with the security guard. They were all friendly and said Hi to us in passing. I am hoping to go back at least once if not more times before it's completed. When we got there, the demo was just completed. The new design is going to be an all green one, so they were salvaging as much as the house as possible. The land is only so big, so I imagine it's going to be built up. The things they do for the volunteers are amazing. They have on hand a massage therapist - 24 hours. they have food around the clock in a cafeteria - School #77 is under renovation, so that is what they are currently using as the staging area and things. The Buses & campers where the crew and designers are staying are parked in the school lot. We took our pictures in front of the BIG bus - It's huge. They have a caterer on staff as well, with a full menu that changes daily. Everyone is SO friendly and welcoming. They have a dunkin donuts trailer on site for coffee 24/7 as well. It just totally amazes me how fast they do what they do. It is so wonderful. I am glad that I was able to be there and experience it first hand.

I again copied this picture from the buffalo News- This is what the house looked liked yesterday when it was standing

This is one of the neighborhood houses they are redoing - they are painting it and updating.


Way in the distance there is Paige talking to a security guard - that trailers up closer to me was her's. Michael Moloney also came out of that one and waved to us.


Move that bus! This is the "BIG" luxury bus, with me in front of it

Ok - so here is what the house looked like today. Less then 24 hours from the time that picture was taken yesterday - out front is Ty in the red plaid shirt and Paige.



I hate that I couldn't zoom more - that is Ty standing on the stone steps/foundation filming his message to the family

Again Ty and Paige


This is the catering truck - straight from California


This is just more of the trailers in the school lot - where they live for the week
Ty's profile. So bummed that darn girl got in my way!
**You can click on any of the pictures to make them bigger!**


No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"