Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Kayla!!

This past Monday was Kayla's 6th Birthday, which Dave and Stacy celebratted with a party on Sunday. We had a good time.... until the end of the evening when Caden was approched by another child to play. It got pretty ugly after that, Caden was in meltdown mode, crying madly, I was crying, becuase it hurts me so badly that my son can't have a normal relationship with his peers. that is the first time, I've ever seen him in that situation. It absolutly broke my heart to pieces. I wish so badly I could just "fix" him and let him know it's ok for others to be near him and interact with them. In the end it was just too much for both of us to handle and Mike and I took Caden home to settle down and Stacy offered to keep Colin and Courtney and bring them home later. It was nice to be able to calm down alone with Caden and have that 1:1 time, especially after what happened. Caden had a tough time for a while.... Me even longer. Dave and Stacy were so great to keep the kids ~ I am so grateful everyday that they've come into our lives!

Courtney & Kayla - I love this picture of them.
Notice Colin trying to climb up Dave?? He was stuck to Dave for like an hour!
Dave & Stacy - how sweet!
Kalya opening the gifts
Patricia & Bella
Kayla with one of our gifts, Stacy's mom is next to her on the floor and her dad is in the green shirt in the background
Kayla's pretty hair- Stacy had me come early to do this for her
Pretty Decorations - I just love the woodwork in their house
Caden and Felix
Happy 6th Birthday Kayla!!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"