Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Sunday, November 29, 2009

Family Christmas Craft

We have been talking alot in parent group about giving up our control and letting us as adults, follow our children s leads. This is super hard for alot of parents to do, me being right at the top of the list. I am the type of person who has TOTAL OCD, and will admit it. I like everything to be neat and perfect all of the time. It takes alot, but I've been working on it alot this week with the boys.... Colin and I have had play time alone 2 times, the second time it was actually initiated by him! And I let him take the lead. Caden and I read some books together and instead of me needing to stop and read every single page, I let him take control, hold the book and I would just talk about the pictures on the pages, instead of feeling like I needed to read everything that was on that page. So today, I thought we thought we would try to do a very simple Christmas craft, that the boys could do as well, and I would string it up in the dining room when it was complete. I sat back and just let them do everything that they wanted to with the stickers that were given to them. I think they turned out great and now we have some super cute homemade craft hanging in the archway! Good Job Courtney, Caden and Colin!


The finished product - I LOVE it!
Trying for a picture - No go
Gingerbread man
Concertrating
Courtney and Caden all done
Courtney working hard
Caden so proud!

Colin working on his!
Showing off the hard work
Smile Caden!
Caden and Courtney both did work on the stocking -
Courtney with her first stocking

1 comment:

Dreamyvinyl.com said...

they look fab! Way to go on letting them take the lead. It is hard, we are working on that too. Cardon has quite the imagination! I really like the decorations, and the personality of each of the kids show through in their work. I could tell who had done which ones when I was looking first at the big pic up top.

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"