Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Chair

After Caden was born we bought this nice Glider and ottoman (that was also a nursing stool) since the one we had bought prior was a real piece of cheap crap. This, however was not. It was expensive. Very expensive. But it had a nursing stool with it, which I loved (nursing Colin for 19 months, it got a ton of use!) and it reclined totally flat too, which was nice when the boys were babies and we feel asleep together.

Well, since the boys obviously aren't babies anymore (sad) and do not need to rocked to sleep, the only person who sits in this rocker is Mike. BUT he never sits up straight. Just like he never stands up straight (did you ever notice, he is always leaning on something?? Pay attention next time you see him, it drives me crazy) so he sits in it, reclined, but without reclining the seat, which in turn has broke the back of the chair. It no longer goes into the upright position, and is just always laying at an akward angle. VERY uncomfortable. But Mike likes it for some reason.

Since your always at an ackward bend, you need to keep your feet either on the floor, OR put one on the floor and the other on the stool, or else you'll lose your balance. OR if a cat gets on the back while your sitting in it, it'll almost tip over and you'll lose it too. (this happens alot to us, being that 2 of the 5 cats love that spot) 2 night ago, it was close to 11 pm, we were watching TV and occasionally Mike would lose his balance, and start going back. He'd fly his arms and legs around and stop himself and go back to rocking. Finally, that didn't work anymore........


See how it's got the bend in it??!! Ugh!! It's like this ALL the time. He didn't put it that way, it's JUST that way!
Well.... that causes THIS to happen.........

(this picture is out of order, it should be the last one, not the 2nd one)
I JUMPED up off the couch and went to him, laughing my ass off!
He said, please, help me up!
I said okay... WAIT!!! I have to get the camera first. He was cracking up almost as much as I was.
So Here, I am, taking pictures of my poor defenseless husband, who couldn't move. hahahahha.

It was difficult to get him up. I couldn't push the chair back down, because each time I did, I would hear wood starting to crack. I was laughing too hard to grab his hands and pull him up. Eventually he got himself turned sideways (the 2nd picture) and crawled his way out of there.
:-)
Remember, it was 11pm. Courtney even came running upstairs to see what was going on. She was downstairs in her room, which is in the BACK of the house and very very well insulated.

Ah... the life we lead!

Side Note ~ No, he did not get hurt. He hit his head on the wall, so I thought he might be hurt in the morning, and encouraged him to take some motrin before we went to bed. But he didn't, and he woke up in the morning fine with no bruising :-)

2 comments:

Goal of Losing said...

This is so funny! Cute post!

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog regarding my upcoming 5K! As for the C25K program, I just tried Week 2 Day 1 tonight and I felt great afterwards!

Thanks for the support! I hope you find a great 5k to attend yourself this year!

Just me. said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry Mike. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Glad you aren't hurt!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"