Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, December 10, 2009

The BIG storm has arrived!

So, we finally got our BIG snow storm, and big it was. 60+ MPH winds and all! It started yesterday with Sleet in the am, then heavy rains, by midnight it turned to snow and the winds picked up, by this morning we had a couple inches and still 40-50 mph winds. All schools were closed (Thank you Depew for the 5:28am wake up call) and roads were in BAD shape. Didn't get much better as the day went on. We finally left work around 3:15pm and made the drive home. I got home after 4, and couldn't even begin to think about going in the driveway! It was up over my knees! I parked on the street, carried the boys in a waited for Daddy to get home, to either watch them or snow blow - he chose to do the driveway (figures!) Not sure of the real totals but I can say it's ALOT! Will there be school tomorrow???


This is from the front of our work building early afternoon

Here are the 3 crazy Smokers, that have to go out even in the middle of a blizzard!
Silly Amanda
Walden & Union
Transit & Walden
Looking down Penora towards Main
Ready to get the boys at Stacys house!
William & Penora
Driving Down William
Coming up to Transit & William, can barley see the light!
That is target over there to the left
-Found our house ~ I had courtney put on the christmas lights, they all look the same in whiteouts!
No way are we pulling in there until it's snowblowed!

This is what I looked like after carrying the boys in, and I didn't even touch the ground, I was walking on top of it more. It was above my knees.
Looking out from the garage- those are my feet prints from carrying in the boys
Can you see my van over there?? It's there, in front of the mailbox!
Back yard
Oh Boy!
Col checking things out from inside

Little bit of snow eh?

I have NO idea what our totals were, but I am pretty sure we got at LEAST 1-2 feet.

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"