Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Monday, December 14, 2009

Quick Update

I just wanted to give a quick update, since we have alot going on over the next few days before the Christmas holiday comes.

Tomorrow we have our 6 month check up with Caden's developmental pediatrician in Rochester, NY. So, I'll be off for the day. Mike is going to be working until 11 (hopefully no later!) we'll pick up Caden from school by 12:30, and hit the road for the drive to the hospital. Stacy and Dave are going to keep Colin until we get back home after the appt and then to parent group we'll head.

Wednesday is Colin's ENT appt. His ENT wanted to do a check on him before the cold weather started to track his ear infections. Fingers are crossed that we won't have any this year, but who can say. We lucked out last winter, with those tubes working for us. His tubes are no longer functioning, however they are still hanging out in the canal. I guess his ears are too small for them to fall out ~ huh interesting. So we'll see what he looks like in there on Wednesday and go from there. If we do end up with the infection battle this year, we'll treat the first one with with antibiotics, then the second one, He'll go back in for surgery and have his adenoids removed. Since we know his history, his doc. really doesn't want him to suffer as in the past. I love our ENT, he is such a nice understanding guy!

THEN next Monday the 21s, Is Colin's OT and special ED eval with Early Intervention to see if he qualities for any therapies (OT??!!). If the special Ed teacher doesn't find anything then they are considering a psychological evaluation on him....huh interesting yet again. These kids will be the death of me yet! So I am really looking forward to this (a little bit of sarcasm there, I should say I am looking forward to the outcome, not so much the actual evaluation!) I am hoping and praying we can figure out what in the world is going on with this little guy! I just keep thinking to myself, how much anxiety and stress sucks at an adult age ~ but imagine being 2 and having SO much anxiety that it interferes with life THIS much?? Poor kid! *sigh* Keeping my fingers crossed for this!

This Friday the 18th, is my mom's 2nd surgery on her shoulder. She will put back under general anesthesia and they will manipulate her arm/shoulder in order to gain back the range of motion that she has lost over the past months. She'll have to undergo intense therapy afterwards, like 5 days per week, but I think this is the best decision for her. She has still been in so much pain after her surgery, and therapy sure isn't helping since either, so we're hoping this gives her the relief she deserves.

This coming weekend my Dad and Cheryl invited Mike and I to Cheryl's work Christmas party. A nice dinner and night without kids?? YES! We'll be there! We are looking forward to some nice food, drinks and quiet, if only for 4 hours on a Saturday night, but I think every parent deserves that!

Sunday we're going to have Stacy, Dave and the kids over so the kids can all exchange their Christmas gifts. I love Christmas though kids eyes. I am going to make dinner, so it should be a decent night, I hope! .

Ok, So It think that is all that is upcoming over the next 6 days (is that enough??!!) Then we have Christmas and New Years! *whew* never ending is it??

So I'll be sure to update after each appt, or as I am able.

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"