Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We've got Snow!

yes, this post is a day late, since we actually got the snow yesterday, but we had parent group last night and didn't get settled until after 9:30, I sure didn't feel like typing out a blog post at that time.

So we finally got our much anticipated first snow fall of the season yesterday, December 1st 2009. It had been 276 days since our last measurable snow fall. That is the longest stretch Buffalo has gone in 61 years, and since it waited until after Midnight and didn't start until Dec 1st, we broke that 61 year record! yay!! We got a measurable 5.8 inches recorded at the airport by the national weather service. At home I think we were just around 5 inches (we are about 4- 5 miles from the airport) It's funny too, because alot of areas got nothing! In Tonawanda you could still the tips of the grass, and that's not that far at all! (maybe about 15-18 miles) it was some pretty heavy stuff as well. Very wet. Just like the October storm snow from 2006. Mike was pretty ticked off at me, since the night before he was going to prep the snow blower and I said not to bother, since we never get what they actually call for and I would be able to shovel it. Well..... when he woke up, he was NOT happy to have to go out and shovel all that heavy snow. We are in for another lake effect storm this coming weekend, So I think I'll let him prep the snow blower now! :-)

I have a picture on the camera at home, I'll upload later on, I didn't get too many, since I took that one as I was pulling out of the driveway at 7:00am, and didn't get back home until 9:00pm ~ By then most of it was melted, and today it's almost all the way gone! Temps are in the 40's and are supposed to hang out here until Friday, so we'll see what the weekend brings us!


Stuck in traffic on Transit trying to get to work.

Looking from the garage - It was still dark out, we were heading to the babysitters.

1 comment:

Dreamyvinyl.com said...

yup time to pull out the snow blower. We have gotten snow but never more than an inch or so.

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"