Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Friday, December 18, 2009

X~Rays

Yesterday we had Colin's X-ray appointment for his adenoids - that was interesting to say the least. Not easy. He fought and fought. In the end, I left the room and they brought in another nurse to hold him down and get the picture done. I thought for sure with him not feeling well, that he wouldn't put up a fight. Not! So the doctor then viewed the films and met with us, and let us know that his adenoids were in fact large. Not enormous, but still large. So it's between our ENT and us as to what route we are going to take. I'll have to wait for the call from Dr. Mandych next week, but I am 95% sure he'll suggest surgery..... and I'll take him up on that offer. Not that I want to put my child back under anesthesia for a 2nd time, but I know his history and I think this is the best choice. So hopefully by this time next week we'll know something!

In other news, Colin went to bed last night with a pretty high fever. He had it since the night before, and we can't get meds in him, so we just work it out naturally. The fever must really be taking it's toll on him, because he slept all night long last night!! Yay!! I hate that it took him being sick in order to get that, but I'll take what I can get. He went in at 8 last night and I had to wake him up at 7 this morning to leave. He was still feeling pretty crappy when I woke him up too. Hopefully he'll rest up at Stacy's today and feel better this evening. I really hope so, since we wanted to take the boys to see Santa tomorrow.....

And in More news! :-) Today is my mom's 2nd shoulder surgery in 3 months. We are going in at 11:30 this morning to manipulate (break) her arm/shoulder in hopes of getting some normal range of motion for her. Hopefully this will work for her, she's been suffering for along time. Keep her in your thoughts!

Tomorrow GG is coming over to watch the kids for us so Mike and I can get a much deserved night out for dinner and drinks at Cheryl's work Christmas party - Really looking forward to this time! Thanks GG for making the drive to help us out!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"