Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First time bowling!

Last weekend we were invited to our friends' son's birthday party at a bowling Alley! Caden had bowled once before with his BOCES class in summer school, but Colin never had. In fact, he was REALLY scared to go. I started prepping him really well on Friday night. we sat on the couch and watched YouTube video's of bowling for an hour. Then I remembered that they couldn't wear their own shoes! Yikes!! So, we had to watch MORE video's on what bowling shoes look like. I explained how they are all different colors and that it's ok. Whew am I glad I did that, Colin never would have put them on. That day though, he said Oh, these are so beautiful. (thank you youtube!!)
Here is Caden bowling!

And posing with his ball!

Colin liked picking up his own ball, but was SO scared that another one would come shooting out of there and get his fingers. He just needed reassurance all the time

Happy to go throw his ball!

Thank goodness for bumpers!
After this picture, my camera died :(
So sad that I didnt' get any pictures of the birthday boy Timmy, his cake, or the 3 boys together. The boys did all have a good time though, AND I think maybe I'll look into getting them on a bowling league in the fall. Colin might be too young (although I hope not) but I really think they would enjoy it. Mike, of course doesn't think anything is a good idea. No t-ball, no bowling, no boy scouts. Baa humbug! too bad, I already signed up Caden for T-Ball. We are visiting a boy scout troop next Friday to consider joining and I sure can go ahead and look into bowling leagues too. Mike can be such a party pooper! Our kids NEED this social interaction more then anything else, so bring it on!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

So fun! My mom taught for BOCES for 35 years, mostly 5-7 year olds in Ashville and Mayville (NY).

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"