Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Southline Fire Hall Egg Hunt

This is one Egg hunt we never miss. it's close to home, and although it's so big and there are SO many people, you never feel crowed and all the kids get an Easter chocolate too.

Last year we met our neighbor Corey & his daughter Emma over there, so this year, we just planned on going together again. Emma is 1 week younger then Caden. So gets along really well with both boys, and we enjoy their company :-)

Caden of course, as soon as we got in line, had to go pee. *sigh* The fire hall wouldn't let anyone use the bathrooms inside, and Mike refused to let him go in the parking lot (I however, would have opened the car door, had him stand behind it, and let him go to town right there) so Mike left, to take Caden to a bathroom. Emma in the meantime was going to help Colin along, since We didn't think Caden would be back in time (they got back with literally 1 min to spare)
Colin was SO nervous he wouldn't let go of Emmas hand. :) So cute.
Time to head out! RUN COLIN!
All you do for this one is go out and grab ONE egg. There is 1 golden one, where you get a HUGE bunny etc and some other ones that get you larger bunnies as well, but most of them are just reg eggs.
Colin ran out, and Mike went with Caden, Corey with Emma to see if they could search out the "good" eggs. I thought they would catch up to Colin, but I guess they didn't. I promised Colin that I wouldn't move from the spot I was in, and I didn't I was SO proud of him for running out there, getting and egg and bringing it back to me! Before Meds, he NEVER would have attempted such a thing. I love that he can enjoy these activities now.

(here he is bringing me back his egg)

Here's Emma coming back. I said Emma, did you find an egg??!! She said NO, they were all broken open already! LOL I was cracking up, I said it's Ok, it doesn't matter, just go get an egg! LOL so I sent her back out to get a broken egg.

While Mike & Caden continued to search for the golden egg, Corey & I brought the kids over to visit the Easter Bunny.

Once the knew for SURE the golden egg was found, we turned in our eggs for our chocolate and went to hang out on the fire truck for a bit.
Colin didn't want to go near it, which is fine (neither did i personally)

Caden driving the truck!
Emma in the jump seat. they all had a great time! Home we all went to color eggs!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"