Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Thursday, April 5, 2012

Oh Momma

Caden's been calling Momma {Bones} for the past few days. I asked him the other day, if he could move Momma for me (he was sitting on the counter and I needed to put dishes there) so Caden said, Sure Mom, I can move Bones for you. I said Bones? He said yes, feel her, all over her, you only feel his bones. *sigh* And he's right. Poor Kitty.
Momma is sick. The time has come to say goodbye to him. He's lived a very good long life and we hate to see him suffer anymore. When we got him, 4 years ago, he was around 20 lbs. Yesterday, when I weighed him, he's down to 7.2. And that is only bones and his fur that is left. There can't be an ounce of meat left on him. He's lossing more ounces each day that passes. We were hoping to keep him at home with us, and let him pass naturally, and then bury him in the backyard. But really, who are we helping keeping him here? Obviously not him. And it breaks our heart to just look at him, so not us either.

Edited: 2 hours later ~ With tears rolling down my cheeks.
Just a hour ago, I said goodbye to Momma, kissed him on head and put him in his cat carrier in the back of my dad's car. Thankful to my Dad for offering to take him for us, since I am not sure I could be the one to do it. It's always hard to say goodbye. To a human, to an animal, to anything we love and have feelings for. I am glad momma lived the long happy life that he did. I am glad that I was given the opportunity to sit and hug him and kiss him goodbye this afternoon.

Rest in Peace Momma Kitty. I know your going to meet Symba in heaven very soon, and you'll both be wondering where the other's been all this time. We'll meet you all again someday. 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Kym I am sooooo sorry. Losing a pet is the worst. Especially when you are not expecting it.
Thoughts, prayers and hugs !!

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"