Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Monday, April 2, 2012

Party Favors!

I got this amazing idea for Party Favors for Courtney's Birthday from Pinterest. LOVE Pinterest.
Seriously, I love it.
How cute are these things?
Do they look store bought? I don't think anyone believed that I made them once they were packaged up! I LOVE how they turned out.
Here is what we needed to create this.

Nail Polish ($1.72 each at Target)
Large Easter Eggs ($.99 for an 6 pack at target)
Treat Bags ($.99 for 20 I think at Target)
Plain (not ruled) index cards
Patterned Tape (this one was $2.99 at Target and I barley used any) - Courtney loved dots too, so it worked
Curly ribbon or shredded paper, or any basket filler really.

We did our best to match the polish to the eggs, which worked out really well for us.
I filled the egg with some filler, stuck in the nail polish then taped the top of the egg at the back, so it would stay open and you could see inside of it :)
I then folded the index cards in 1/2, and placed the tape on both side of it. Placed the egg in the bag, put my folded index card (I had to trim the side just a tad to make it even) on top and stapled shut.
VIOLA!
What a super {cheap} creative, awesome, loved by the girls handmade party favor!


We then placed them out on the plates with a fun dip (inside jokes) and how cute did the table setting look??

Cute enough that My 15 year old told me I did good!

So pretty!
And at the last minute, I snuck under each plate, the 10 things I want to tell every teenage girl.
(found on pinterest again)
Of course though, Courtney didn't think that part was so cute, and didn't want me to turn her birthday party into a teenage educational talk, SO.. she took them away. :(
One friend did read it though. And so did Courtney. Hey, you never know if these kids are able to talk to parents about these things, so if I can be that mom, so be it!

Next up?? I made my OWN handmade again Tissue paper pom poms!!

No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"